Mississippi River

-----

Sunday, September 4, 2011

California! Saturday July 16th 2011

Saturday we spent at San Clemente Beach. There were lots of fun shops and it was fun to walk around and look in them all. One of our favorites was a chocolate shop:) I bought lots of souvenirs, I couldn't help myself since everything was so new for me.

I was in awe at all of the palm trees, they seemed surreal to me.

We watched a man work all day on this sand art, only to see it kicked to
nothing by some kids in a few minutes after he had left.

Candace and I trying to catch some waves. I couldn't believe how salting the water was! I knew the ocean was salt water but I couldn't believe how strong the taste was in your mouth, I couldn't seem to help licking my lips all the time and each time it was disgusting! Swimming in the ocean was a very different experience for me, I am used to calm lake water, not the waves of the ocean. And the water sure was cold!


We also saw Captain Jack Sparrow on the beach

1 comment:

  1. If that was the real captain jack I definitely would have gone up to him!

    ReplyDelete