Mississippi River

-----

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Summer 2008 Part 4: Illinois Nauvoo Trip

Pics to come soon!

I made a trip out to Illinois this summer mainly to see Staci and spend some time with her before she got married. Unfortunately she was in Nauvoo so that was a bit distracting for me because I love Nauvoo! It was so fun to visit Staci and see what she has been working on all summer in Nauvoo. We picked up her wedding dress while I was there. She was so beautiful and was just glowing the whole time I was there, anxiously awaiting Kyle's arrival. We spent a day in St. Louis visiting the botanical gardens there with her boss, fellow intern, and missionary couple. It was so great to spend time with Staci! We also went to Sunset by the Mississippi (which is no longer by the Mississippi), High Hopes and Riverboats, and to the Nauvoo Pageant. I also got to see the 2008 Nauvoo Brass Band and visit with the sisters who returned this Summer to Nauvoo. Also while in Nauvoo, I was able to go to the temple with my parents, a very special experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment